Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sabudana Wada





























In Girgaon, we use to relish Sabudana Wada at Prakash (Restaurant) during fasts. I challenge that you will not find that amazing taste of sabudana wadas anywhere else. I really miss those wadas. Whenever I visit Angrewadi I visit Prakash for Sabudana wada Piyush.

Generally people dont add ginger to Sabudana wadas. But believe me, it enhances the taste. Further, intead of putting roasted peanut powder, I used crush of roasted and salted peanuts  (Khare Daney). Try this once and you will find an improvement in the taste.

Ingredients: 
1 cup saboodana (Sago)
1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
1/2 cup roasted peanuts crush
3-4 medium sized chillies
1/2 inch ginger
1 tspn cumin seeds
1 tspn lemon juice
Salt to taste
chopped corriander (optional)
Oil / Ghee to fry

Preparation :
Wash saboodana for 3-4 times
Soak it overnight
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl (except Oil)
Make small round shaped balls
Heat oil in a pan for frying
Deep fry vadas till it gets golden brown colour
Serve it with coconut chutney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...