The chef described the powder as masala having sour, bitter, sweet, pungent, and salty taste. I tried to find our the recipe from net. Here is the recipe of 5 spice powder.
4 tspns Tirphals (Schezwan Peppercorns)
2 tbsp Badishep (fennel seeds)
16 star anise (I dont know local name for this ingredient)
12 cloves (Lavang)
10 Dalchini sticks (Cinnamon)
1. Roast peppercorns on low flame till you get good aroma.
2. Set it aside for cooling
3. Now take balance ingredients (badishep, star anise, lavang and dalchini) in a pan
4. Roast all the ingredients till you get good aroma
5. Allow it to cool for some time
6. Take all the roasted ingredients in a mixer
7. Make fine powder